Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What is the estimated cost of changing all fluids in my 2003 GSXR600?

I am new to motorcycles and bought a 2003 bike recently. Its been a long time since any fluids have been changed. Can someone let me know what fluids should be changed and how much would it cost to change them. I am only aware of brake and fork fluids apart from engine oil. Is there anything else I should change?What is the estimated cost of changing all fluids in my 2003 GSXR600?
RTFM! The owner's manual has all those answers. It will suggest that many things be done by a trained service tech, but if you're feeling saucy, buy a service manual, the correct tools, and do it yourself. If I were you, I'd let an experienced set of eyes take a look at least once to make sure there's nothing wrong that you haven't noticed.