Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Ford Taurus 98 Brake Prob?

I bought my Taurus 3 years ago and it has about 150,000 miles on it. Last November though, I had money problems because of school. Anyway my battery died and had a blown right tire. So I just used my moms car until I could get it around to getting it fixed. I recently fixed it, but when I did my brakes were totally weird. It was pulling way to the right when I stopped and I had to push all the way down it. All the tires are at the corrent PSI so that not it. So I figured I was low on brake fluid so I added some then took it out for a test drive and they were working a little better, but then out of no where they stopped working...luckily I was close to my house going very slow and my emergency brake worked. So my question is did the brake line blow? Or what could it be? I'm not the greatest with cars...but I know how to do basics like change Oil, Brake pads, Filters etc. If it is brake lines or whatever how much would it cost and could I fix it? Since I can't drive it or pay for laborFord Taurus 98 Brake Prob?
Sounds like one of your brake calliper's had seized when it was off the road and when you started driving it again the hydraulic pressure blew the seal causing a brake failureFord Taurus 98 Brake Prob?
If you don't have a puddle of brake fluid under your car....I believe, bleeding your brakes will cure your problem.....

If you have a puddle of Brake fluid, repair the leak, replace the part that is leaking and then bleed the system again.