Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I change rear wheel seals on my 2004 Yukon XL Denali AWD?

I have oil getting onto my rear wheel and gets hot and smokes. I think that it is the wheel seal. My brake fluid is full so I ruled that out. I need to know how to change it and need to know if it is difficult to do? I am mechanically inclined but don't want to do it if too difficult. Any photos would be great. E-mail me if necessary.How do I change rear wheel seals on my 2004 Yukon XL Denali AWD?
Check the fluid in the rear. if it is low make sure to ad gear lube.

if you are going to do it yourself buy a repair book at parts store. If you do not want to buy a book go to the library they will make you copies of the pages that help you. .Remove wheel, Remove disc brake rotor,remove rear differential cover. Remove shaft between the spider gears that is held in by a lock bolt. Shove the axle from the outside toward the differential and remove the %26quot;C%26quot; clips that hold the axle in inside the diff. and then the axle can be removed. putting the seal in is the easy part good luke
  • shampoos for curly hair
  • baby girl names best
  •