Saturday, November 20, 2010

Preventive Maintenance for 2000 Honda Accord?

I have a 2000 Honda Accord 4cyl 4dr sedan and recently, I have been doing some DIY preventive maintenance on my vehicle. I am doing this to get used to my vehicle and because I am also studying to be a mechanic. Anyways, I called a Honda dealer to ask them about whats due for my maintenance and they were helpful enough to enumerate what I need to do. The mileage of the vehicle is 150,000km and so far, I have done the following: oil change, brake fluid flush, auto tranny flush, coolant flush, and new brake job (new pads and rotors). One of the items I haven't done is the fuel injector clean and power steering flush. As much as possible, I don't want any non-honda product on my vehicle system. Can someone help me by giving me the procedures for the fuel injector clean and power steering flush? Does honda have their own fuel injector cleaner fluid or do they use a machine to clean it? The power steering flush, I know they have the fluid but I want to know if they use a machine or just a drain and fill. I ask how much they charge for the two maintenance but they are charging me $250 for both and I don't have that amount of $$$ right now.... Thanks for anybody's reply.Preventive Maintenance for 2000 Honda Accord?
do for you to do it your self if you want to see your mantince secdule check your owners mannual fuel injctor cleaning i hear is very complex i would advise you get a crtifed mechanic do it



love honda's
  • myspace top
  • started my birth control
  •