Saturday, November 20, 2010

Can an 06 Jetta w/20000 have too much acid in brake fluid and need to be replaced? I have owned it 1 yr.?

My dealer changed the brake fluid during the 20000 mile oil change/maintenance. My friend has the same model and year car which we both bought in 8/06. This was not done to her car. When I called and asked why I was charged twice as much as she, I was told the blake fluid had to be replaced because of acid in it. Everyone I have talked to has never heard of such a thing. I ended up paying over $300 and she paid $135 for what should have been the same service. I of course complained and they are giving me all this crap about it's how often I brake and how hard I brake. Excuse Me???? I think I am being taken to the cleaners. What can you tell me about acid in the brake system?Can an 06 Jetta w/20000 have too much acid in brake fluid and need to be replaced? I have owned it 1 yr.?
thats a new one on me!, never heard of that, I have heard of the brake fluid getting moisture in it from the heating and cooling of the brakes but never what they told you.Can an 06 Jetta w/20000 have too much acid in brake fluid and need to be replaced? I have owned it 1 yr.?
never heard of a such a thing and i have been working on cars for about 35 years. i agree you are being taken to the cleanersCan an 06 Jetta w/20000 have too much acid in brake fluid and need to be replaced? I have owned it 1 yr.?
The DEALER just ripped you off brake fluid doesn/t have to be changed but once every 5 years or so and that's only if it shows signs of obous deteration. Go back to your scheduled maintenance book and look there.