Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The brake pedal is hitting the floor with no pressure. Why is it doing this?

I have a 2002 Mazda 626. I changed the brakes on it. I couldn't figure out how to take the caliper off. I read something on the internet and I accidentely took off the brake line that was connected to the caliper. I then figured out how to change the pads. When I put everything back in it's place I bled the brakes. At first the fluid was coming out like spit. Then it started to come out in a stream, which ment no air in the lines. But as I started to pump the brakes, the pedal was going all the way down to the floor and wasn't hardening at all. Please help me in this situation and figure out what I can do to fix this issue. Any ideas will help. Thanks alot!The brake pedal is hitting the floor with no pressure. Why is it doing this?
firs, check for leaks, if no leaks, you still have air in the lines. start with the bleeder thats farthest away from the master cylinder first, that would be, right rear, then left rear, then right front then finish up with left front. do that until all the air is out. also check the back shoes, they might need set up tighter against the drums.The brake pedal is hitting the floor with no pressure. Why is it doing this?
Probably still air in the lines. You didn't let the master cylinder run out of fluid while you were bleeding the brakes did you?The brake pedal is hitting the floor with no pressure. Why is it doing this?
did, you close the bleeders?



did you bleed them in the correct order?



did you make sure the brake resevoir was full during this whole process?



do you have a broken brake line or did a wheel cylinder come apart during the process?





these are the things I'd be looking into...