Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pass. Rear brake not engaging...not bleeding...caliper is not seized...follow line to dual proportioning valve

I have a Mazda MX-3 GS V6...it has 4 disc brakes. I went to change my brakes and notice that I coudl not bleed the pass. rear caliper, but the other three bled normal... so I took off the calliper to see if it was seized, but it was movable, and I even changed the piston boot and rings...so I started chasing the line unhoooking and trying to bleed at ever connection and no fluid...I followed the pass rear brake line to the proportioning valve, and thats where I stopped...could anyone explain how a dual proportion valve coudl malfunction if that is the case?Pass. Rear brake not engaging...not bleeding...caliper is not seized...follow line to dual proportioning valve
It seems odd, even unfortunate that the valve would be siezed on such a new auto, but nothing is perfect. Good thing you have the wherewithal to research this it could have been an expensive fix it at a shop. Good luck getting everything swapped out and bled. That can be a tight area to work in and if even one of the lines to the PValve won't come loose it can be a knuckle busting, frustrating job.



Good luck.....Pass. Rear brake not engaging...not bleeding...caliper is not seized...follow line to dual proportioning valve
it's plugged up, replace it:)