Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I attempted to change the rear brakes on my Volvo 940 today and i unbolted the caliper. Now i have to push all

the way down on my brake pedal to get my car to stop. when i unbolted the caliper it leaked a little bit of brake fluid and maybe some air might have gotten in the system. How could i get my brakes functioning again?I attempted to change the rear brakes on my Volvo 940 today and i unbolted the caliper. Now i have to push all
The best way is to have the brake system power bleed. However in a pinch you can bleed then with a helper. Have your helper pump the brake system up and hold the peddle while you crack the bleeder valve on the caliper. When there is no more fluid coming out of the valve, close it off and have your helper pump the system back up again. Continue to repeat this process until you no longer see bubbled in the fluid.I attempted to change the rear brakes on my Volvo 940 today and i unbolted the caliper. Now i have to push all
first thing, check the banjo bolt on the brake hose, thats attached to the caliper, it might be loose. you probably have to bleed the brakes. did you pump the brakes after you put new pads on to set the piston against the pads?