Saturday, November 20, 2010

Brake fluid change - How much should it cost?

My car is in for a service at the main dealer now. I have a Ford Fiesta 2003. Ford just rang me and told me that my brake fluid needs changing. They quoted 拢55 to bleed my brake fluid and refill it.



Is that a reasonable price or am I paying too much?



ThanksBrake fluid change - How much should it cost?
really you should be going to a shop and not the dealership which would be cheaper and what they recomend about every three yrs i just top mine off ive never replace it al the way but refresh it every time i replace brake pads which i do at home at my cost but here what i findBrake fluid change - How much should it cost?
They will have a minimum 30 minute labour charge at a silly high rate even though it ought to take about 10 minutes foe an experienced guy with garage facilities. They will charge a sum for the brake fluid that will be high but maybe cheaper than doing it yourself as you only but what you need.Brake fluid change - How much should it cost?
I don't suppose you'd get it done much cheaper elsewhere, but don't use main dealers unless you enjoy being ripped off as a rule.Brake fluid change - How much should it cost?
That is a bit steep as the brake fluid itself would only cost about 拢5-拢10..and considering it only takes 10 mins to change !Brake fluid change - How much should it cost?
Thats about the price for a garage.