Saturday, November 20, 2010

How can I change the brake fluid in my car.?

I think my car may have a brake fluid, because my master slave cylinder resevoir keeps getting low, and when it gets low, it makes it hard to shift gears and brake. It usually goes from max to min in about 3 weeks. I was thinking of changing the fluid out so i don't keep mixing different brake fluids when i top it off. Is it safe to totally drain the brake fluid and refill, and if so how would i do it. is it the same as bleeding the system? thanks in advance!

I have a 1999 Kia Sportage convertable 2 Dr, 4WD, 5sp. manualHow can I change the brake fluid in my car.?
two different systems that both use hydraulics.



if it's the brake reservoir that's low, check the inside of your wheels for sticky/tacky fluid. indicates a wheel brake cyl leak. and check under the carpet and pedal shaft to the master cyl.



if it's the clutch reservoir, check for fluid around the clutch pedal/shaft inside the cab. also check under the carpet for fluid. some times the carpet will absorb the fluid and you cant see the leak. check the slave cyl at the tranny also.How can I change the brake fluid in my car.?
What?

your brake fluid doesnt affect shifting..



You have a leak...park the car on a clean area or piece of cardboard to see where its coming fromHow can I change the brake fluid in my car.?
it's easy get you something to suck all the fluid out of the brake reservoir tank ,replenish with new and then go to each wheel open the bleeder valve on each wheel and bleed the air out of the system one wheel at a time.How can I change the brake fluid in my car.?
If you have not done this ever before,forget it its a dirty measy job,

pay the money get it done by the pros,they have the correct tools etc

they do it quick and if theres a problem after take it back they will fix it free.