Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How much to fix a manifold intake leak on a 2003 Pontiac Montana?

My 2003 Montana (extended version, automatic transmission) has 75,000 miles, and I took it in to get checked out before a cross-country trip. The mechanic called back to say we needed new brakes front and back (I knew that) and that we should get the transmission fluid changed (I also knew that). BUT, he reported that we have both coolant and oil leaking which can begin mixing on these vehicles. I've heard of this, but don't really understand the problem. He said the fluids haven't mixed yet to cause damage but we need %26quot;to replace a bunch of gaskets, hoses, and the antifreeze.%26quot; He quoted $895 for this engine work. I called back an verified that the leak is with the %26quot;manifold intake%26quot; (I read about this on the web) and he said that while they're in there that it's standard to replace hoses and other things. NOW, that started to sound fishy to me. Am I getting taken by this guy? Does this stuff really need to be done? Is this a fair price? (The brakes and trans fluid are extra.)How much to fix a manifold intake leak on a 2003 Pontiac Montana?
it really cost alotHow much to fix a manifold intake leak on a 2003 Pontiac Montana?
The hoses may not need to be done, but the 3.4 intake gasket failures are common and expensive. It's kindof a big job.How much to fix a manifold intake leak on a 2003 Pontiac Montana?
There are a couple of Oring seals that need to be replaced and a couple of small hoses that it's a good idea to replace when doing this repair. The price isn't really out of line. It's a big job to replace intake gaskets on a Montana van. I just did one about a week ago.
  • acne on back shoulders
  • database
  •