Thursday, September 22, 2011

How can I make my high mileage '94 Honda Accord last longer?

I bought an automatic '94 Honda Accord LX used at 135,000 miles and it now has 145,000 miles. I don't know its previous history but it runs great and I just recently had some maintenance work done to it like replacing spark plugs, air filter, pcv valve, drive belts(power steering and alternator), oxygen sensor, front brake pads and valve cover gasket to fix a bad oil leak. I change the oil every 3000 miles and always make sure I have enough oil, transmission, power steering, antifreeze and brake fluid. I'd like to make this car last as long as I can, hopefully another 100,000. What else will help my Honda achieve that? Any tips will be appreciated, thanks!How can I make my high mileage %26039;94 Honda Accord last longer?
That's about it. Keep doing those things as required and you should be good.How can I make my high mileage %26039;94 Honda Accord last longer?
I have a '95 honda accord. Unless you completely neglect this car it can go up to 250,000 - 300,000 easily. Just keep doing what your doing.How can I make my high mileage %26039;94 Honda Accord last longer?
Congratulations

So very nice to hear from a responsible car owner.

You're doing everything you should, keep it up.

My brother inlaw has a 96 and it just turned over 300k with regular maintenance and repairs.How can I make my high mileage %26039;94 Honda Accord last longer?
Great car! make sure you keep up with the timming belt changes every 105,000 miles, oil change every 3,000 miles and it will run a very long time. Cv axle boots dry crack and it's best to replace the boots before they split and damage the axles. Honda engines are very well bulit. The transmissions are good too. Transmission will probably need overhaul before the engine will. Your recent repairs may have been expensive, but it's cheaper than a new car payment.