Wednesday, September 14, 2011

1999 Park Ave ultra brake issue?

so when i turn the car on, warm or cold doesn't matter. it feels like the brakes are engaged but are not and like makes a normal braking noise when u apply them normally, someone told me its either the ABS modular or the calipers, someone else told me its the trans but i pulled the fuse to the ABS modular and it doesn't do it at all. so I'm guessing its the modular. but not sure. I bled the brakes and flushed all the nasty fluid out and its all clear. so I'm sure its not the calipers. was wondering how hard is it to change out the ABS modular? do i need special tools to take anything off? or just normal wrenches and sockets to take it out? and if i do that, how would i go about setting it back up? like bleed the system again? or would that not work? very confused maybe someone can let me know. thanks in advanced!1999 Park Ave ultra brake issue?
I've gone to the junk yard and pulled an ABS off another vehicle and changed it out with no special tools. I can't believe this is the ABS. I feel its about your brakes. You may have bled the old fluid out but you can't tell me whether they were sticking or not. You can't tell me what's inside your caliper. Calipers are cheap.



You should be able to plug your obdII sensor in and find a code if the light is coming on. The code might direct you where to go.1999 Park Ave ultra brake issue?
First check sensors. They might got dirty or damaged somehow and thus not giving right signal about wheels' rotation. Also check cables going from sensors. Then, mess with other ABS parts.