Thursday, June 2, 2011

What is the flush intervals for all fluids for my 2004 4-cylinder Camry with 60K?

I just read the maintenance guide that came with the car for the first time. The guide says to replace the coolant at 100K, then every 50K with Toyota super long-life coolant. My dealer has recommended to replace it at 25K and 50K, and I did that. Did I just mess up my cooling system? How do I know what coolant I have now, and can I switch back to the long-life coolant without problems?



I also had my power steering and brake fluids flushed at 45K, and my transmission flushed at 30K as recommended by my dealer before they even inspected the vehicle. Was this necessary? Other mechanics I asked afterwards never heard of a brake flush done for maintenance. How often should these fluids be changed? The manual doesn't mention specific intervals to changes these. Note that I don't tow anything, and I don't drive in the desert or on dirt roads (I live in New Jersey near New York City). I am used to a more definite schedule to change my fluids in my older, non-Toyota car.What is the flush intervals for all fluids for my 2004 4-cylinder Camry with 60K?
Man...They must love seeing you show up at the service department. You have pretty well gone overboard on the flushes and such. On the good side...your car should last a long time.What is the flush intervals for all fluids for my 2004 4-cylinder Camry with 60K?
This link gives a couple of excellent diagrams of the transmission and coolant labels:

http://www.siennaclub.org/forum/index.php?act=Print%26amp;client=printer%26amp;f=22%26amp;t=15029

Report Abuse

What is the flush intervals for all fluids for my 2004 4-cylinder Camry with 60K?
Good semi-related coolant info:

http://www.yotatech.com/f123/exact-ingredients-toyota-red-coolant-119291/

http://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/toyota/4656/Toyota-antifreeze

Report Abuse

What is the flush intervals for all fluids for my 2004 4-cylinder Camry with 60K?
Dealers are after your money. Don't trust them with their nonsense.

Use synthetic oil, change it every 7k instead of their recommended 3k.
  • your first name
  • find teen duvet covers
  •