Thursday, June 2, 2011

I have two questions about the transmission in my 98 Chevy blazer.?

Can somebody give me a step by step, idiot's guideish, procedure to change the transmission fluid and filter in my truck? (I know how to work on mechanical things, just not cars and I know there are some odd procedures like putting the parking brake on and putting the automatic shifter in a certain position before I can take off the pan.) By the way the truck is a 4x4 and has an automatic transmission.



Also, is it normal for the tachometer to raise up to 2.25 while accelerating to 25mph and then dropping back down to 1.5 when the gearing catches up to the engine.

Also, Is it normal for the tackometer to raise up to 2.25 while accelerating to 25mph and then dropping back down to 1.5 when the gearing catches up to the engine.I have two questions about the transmission in my 98 Chevy blazer.?
The tach will have a different reading in every gear while automatically shifting. This is normal and if this is why you are changing your fluid and think this is a problem think again? it's not a problem



Now if you have other symptoms please describeI have two questions about the transmission in my 98 Chevy blazer.?
get a repair manual