Thursday, June 2, 2011

How would i flush my old bad brake fluid and put in fresh new fluid in my honda accord?

did a brake job today. adjusted rear wheel, installed new pads and had the rotors checked as well as adjusted the parking brake. Did all that and the braking on the car itself is incredible. works great... i was going to flush it with a friend today but it got too late so we will do that tomorrow.



the brake fluid is DARK in there now haha. I know thats bad and I have no idea when it was changed last. just curious on how to get all that out of there and put in fresh fluid.



I know I don't have to bleed it since the brake pedal is firm and brakes very well but will I have to when getting new fluid in there? Thanks for all the info you can give



89 Honda AccordHow would i flush my old bad brake fluid and put in fresh new fluid in my honda accord?
you will have to bleed it. drain the master cylinder with a turkey baster. refill it, and start bleeding the calipers/ wheel cylinders till the fluid is clear. keep the reservoir topped off while you do it. set the fluid level to the full mark. you're done.How would i flush my old bad brake fluid and put in fresh new fluid in my honda accord?
well basically yes you do bleed the brakes .. drain all the fluid from the master cylinder. you may bleed to use something like a large syringe to draw all the bad fluid our of the master cylinder. then refill with fresh fluid . then bleed each wheel till the fluid is clear. just make sure to keep a check on the fluid level and add as needed.