Thursday, June 2, 2011

Can bad bearings heatup the front wheels of my civic 1981?

Hello all, I drive a 1981 civic fourdoor hatch back. Recently encountered a problem. My car is front wheel drive, I noticed that both the front wheels are getting extremely hot in normal running.



Mine is right hand drive and firstly the left front wheel gets extremely hot and then the right one.



Inorder to fix this problem I first changed the brake hose pipe but that didn't fix the problem, I then checked the callipers and they were free as well but my mechanic still lubricated them. Finally I checked the brake's master cylinder and changed the washers in it but still no change in the condition.



Now I cannot figure out what else to do as there is no burning of pads or anything related to braking but how ever once the wheels get hot then only the braking fluid gets hot and I have also noticed that the lug nuts are hotter as compared to the wheel hub itself.



Please let me know what are the factors that are causing this. I shall be thankful.Can bad bearings heatup the front wheels of my civic 1981?
If the bearings were that bad and dried out, they'd be so noisy you couldn't hear the radio. It's more common for dragging brakes to make this kind of heat.Can bad bearings heatup the front wheels of my civic 1981?
when you took the wheels of have you noticed any oil/ grease on the inside? possibility the wheel seals are bad and thus cause the bearings to go bad , i would not run the car any further the bub will get hot and bust off then you going down the road on 3 wheelsCan bad bearings heatup the front wheels of my civic 1981?
The bearings could cause the wheel to get hot, but the chances of both bearings being bad causing this symtom are slim to none. The master is bad or the push rod from the booster is improperly adjusted.