Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do I reattach my brake line?

I took off the my roter to change my cv axel, i took off the brake line but now i cant get it bake on. when i pump the brake it wont firm up. the nut seem to have a whole in for the fluid and im not if its lineing up right. Im down for the count. anyone have any ideas?How do I reattach my brake line?
well the bolt is called a banjo bolt it goes through the line with the hole in it and then it screws into caliper and dont forget the brass washer it goes like this caliper,washer line and insert banjo bolt through brass hole in line and all is screwed into caliper ,, then after it is tight there is a bleeder valve on caliper it looks like a nipple sticking out kinda blunt with a hole in it and a nut mounted at base you have to pump up peddle 5 or 6 times and hold down tight and have someone open bleeder valve air will come out but do not release pressure on peddle as it will go to floor ao keep it pushed to floor and close bleeder valve and pump up peddle again and repeat 3 to 4 times untill all air is removed from line you will know because break peddle will firm up hard... and be sure you keep master cylinder full of break fluid when doing this....
  • advice from vegan
  • web proxy server
  •