Thursday, June 2, 2011

What do I need to do for routine bike maintenance?

I bought a 2005 Yamaha R6 a month ago, and I was just wondering what I need to do for routine maintenance. How often do I:

-change the oil

-lube the chain

-bleed the brakes



Also, how do I lube the chain and bleed the breaks? Where can I get replacement brake fluid and chain lube?



Is there anything else I need to do for routine maintenance? Thanks a lot it's much appreciated.What do I need to do for routine bike maintenance?
oil=every 3000 miles

chain=every 1000 miles +or- depending on conditions

brake bleeding is not necessary unless the brakes feel like they are working improperly. If you need to do it routinely bleed and replace the lines once a year.

other maintenance, air filter every 3rd oil change, tire pressure routinely, cable lubrication at oil change interval, clutch and throttle adjustments when needed.

Fork oil and seals replace when needed or leaking.